Focused Christian Care
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister is:
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his or her caregiving gifts.
- A layperson with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality, distinctively Christian care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver for as long as there is a need.
Apply to become a Stephen Minister:
If you would like to take the next step toward becoming a Stephen Minister, please click the button below to access and print an application. Once you have completed the application, kindly mail or drop it off at the church office to the attention of Linda Galligan, 1500 Easton Drive, Burlingame, CA 94010.