Assistant After School Program Teacher
The First Presbyterian Church of Burlingame has a vibrant Mission Ministry with highly sought-after After School and Nursery School Programs to serve the community.
The After School Program is currently looking for an energetic and positive teacher to lead grades K-2 each afternoon in constructive play and homework. This is an hourly, part-time, non-exempt position (generally afternoons and early evenings from 20-30 hours a week).
1. Must be 25 or older and able to submit a clean driving record from the DMV.
2. Have 12 Early Childhood Education units or currently enrolled in Early Childhood Education major.
3. Experience working with children in Kindergarten – 8th grade preferred.
4. Valid CPR AED and First Aid certified (must be obtained no later than one month of gaining employment).
5. TB test with negative results within the last 3 years.
1. Plan, set up, and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities, as instructed by the planning schedule. This includes preparation and clean-up for activities as scheduled.
2. Work responsibly, equally, and respectfully with other After School Program staff.
3. Pick up and drop off children following the rules, guidelines, and policies of BurlPres while driving church vans.
4. Communicate warmly and respectfully with children and parents.
5. Consistently enforce After School Program rules, structure, and limits with the children.
6. Greet parents and be available to them.
7. Supervise children at all times.
8. Be open and willing to accept assignments from the Director and Head Teacher that pertain to the After School Program and its facilitation.
9. Attend the open house, in-service, planning, classes, seminars, staff meetings, and fundraisers as scheduled by the Director.
10. Meet all requirements for teachers contained in the After School Program policies.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Thanks!
We are looking for additional mini-van drivers to help transport the children from schools located in the Burlingame School District to our church facility. This is a 10-15 hour week, part time position and a great opportunity to work with kids.
* Must be 25 or older
* Able to submit a clean driving record from the DMV
* Have a valid Class C driver’s license
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.